Schedule of Lessons
Lessons must be a minimum of 2 hours. If for any reason, the student must end the lesson earlier, the lesson shall be charged at the full rate.
Any student who refers another student will receive a $25 credit to his or her account once the referred student has attended a tutoring session. Notes when referring: Be aware that pricing may vary from student to student and subject to subject.
Cancellation of Lessons by Student
The Student may cancel tuition by giving at least 48 hours prior notice to the Tutor in which case no tuition fees will be incurred. Lessons not attended by the student without giving 48 hours prior notice to the Tutor shall be charged at the full rate.
Cancellation of Lessons by Tutor
The Tutor may cancel lessons by giving 24 hours prior notice to the Student in which case no fees shall be incurred. Where a lesson was pre-paid, the Tutor shall reschedule the appointment at a time agreeable to both parties, failing which the Student shall be refunded with such a missed lesson fee.
Fees are calculated according to the times stipulated in the schedule and no adjustment shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student.
Any lost time because of the late arrival of the Tutor shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost.
Obligations of the Tutor
* The Tutor undertakes to do all preparation prior to lessons and to structure lessons in such a way as to optimize time to the benefit of the Student.
* The Tutor shall keep confidential all information of the Student and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given written permission by the Student to do so.
* The Tutor shall not assign any of his/her duties or obligations under this tutoring contract to a third party without the written permission of the Student.
* The Tutor shall at no time be required or obliged to execute homework or assignments on behalf of the Student.
Obligations of the Student
* The Student undertakes to assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
* The Student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work in the time agreed upon with the tutor.
The Tutor makes no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided.
Status of the Tutor
It is expressly understood that the Student retains the services of the Tutor as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Tutor shall be responsible for his/her insurance and for all statutory declarations and contributions with regard to income tax.
This tutoring contract may be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party 24 hours prior written notice.
Relaxation of Terms
No relaxation, indulgence, waiver or release by any party of any of the rights in terms of this agreement on one occasion shall prevent the subsequent enforcement of such rights and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any of the terms.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained herein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Where the Student is a legal minor, the Parent/Guardian shall enter into this tutoring contract on behalf of the Student and shall accept and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of the Student.
Fees Payable To The Tutor
A small traveling fee may be added depending on location. No further fees shall be charged for preparation time of the Tutor. Fees may be adjusted from time to time and shall become effective after having given the Student 14 days notice.
Payment shall be made immediately upon completion of a tutoring session, or payment shall be made weekly / monthly in advance.
Accepted methods of payment:
- Paypal ($5 convenience fee)
- Credit Card ($5 convenience fee)