About Brother Densel FlemingALPHA'S QUALIFED CANDIDATE
Uniquely Qualified for General Treasurer
With over 20 years in private industry and Corporate America, specifically in small business and commercial banking, global wealth and investments, and financial management, Brother Fleming is uniquely qualified to be Alpha’s next General Treasurer.
Credentialed with a Master’s Degree in Agribusiness and Economics, a Six-Sigma Greenbelt Certification, and as a Certified Financial Planner, he has climbed the corporate ladder that eventually led him to be a Senior Vice President at Bank of America, a position he held for 15 years. As the Chief Wealth & Investment Officer at a leading private wealth-management firm, Brother Fleming now leads the investment strategy for the firm.
Through his career and volunteer experiences, Brother Fleming has acquired a broad knowledge base essential to understanding the importance of effective controls that insures sound fiscal and fiduciary management of policies, procedures, and practices. His unique business skills, financial acumen, and professional experiences meet the qualifications required to execute the duties and responsibilities as General Treasurer of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
A family man with 3 children, Brother Fleming is married and resides in Charlotte, N.C.
Leadership Experience and Memberships in Community/Civic Organizations
- Board of Trustees, Foundation For The Carolinas Charlotte Mecklenburg Community Foundation
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Current Chief Wealth & Investment Officer, Vintage Wealth Management Group, Inc.
- Ambassador, The March of Dimes ($105 million raised in 2011)
- Charter Member, Past Treasurer, Current (N.C.) Member, National Association of Securities Professionals
- Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, Inc.
Education and Professional Training/Certifications
- M.S., Agribusiness & Economics, 1995, South Carolina State University
- B.S., Agricultural Economics, 1993, Alcorn State University
- Research Scholar in Economics & Marketing, 1991-1992, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Certification, Financial Planning, 2011, North Carolina State University
- Certification. Six Sigma Greenbelt, 2005, Bank of America
Professional and Academic Appointments
- 2009-Present: Chief Wealth & Investment Officer, Vintage Wealth Management Group, Inc.
- 1994-2009: Senior Vice President (Small Business, Consumer, and Global Wealth & Investments) Bank of America
- 1997-1999: Adjunct Professor (Marketing, Accounting, and Economics) Voorhees College
Community Service Experience and Professional Memberships
- 2004-2010: Charter Member of Family Advisory Council, Levines Children Hospital
- 2009-2012: Urban Financial Services Coalition (Previously Urban Bankers Association), Charlotte, N.C.
- 2005-Current: Mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Charlotte, N.C.
- 2007-Current: 100 Black Men of Greater Charlotte (Former Board of Directors)
- 2011-Current: Founder and Board of Directors of The Vintage Foundation
- 2011-2011: National Ambassador for the March of Dimes, White Plains, N.Y.
- 2010-Current: Board of Trustees, Foundations For the Carolinas, Charlotte-Meck Community
- 2014-Current: Founder and Past Treasurer, National Association of Securities Professionals (NC Chapter)
- 2004-2014: Chairman and Board Member, Greater Piedmont Division of March of Dimes
- 2013-Current: Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards